Balanced Ventilation Doors – BVD
How it Works
Zacon Balanced Ventilation Door firstly deals with the static pressures by canceling its effects on the two door panels. As the door panels move in opposite directions, force on one door aids the other in opening or closing. Massive vent doors can be opened or closed manually. Ramp slope effects are also cancelled as one door panel is operating uphill while the other is downhill. Underground applications include: diamond, gold, nickel, copper, palladium, platinum, gypsum, potash, zinc, titanium, uranium, coal, etc…
Canadian Patent No.: 2,348,348
US Patent No.: 6.361,430 B2
- Low force actuation
- Local and surface operation
- This is all possible due to Zacon’s Patented Balanced Ventilation Door System
- Control of Air Flow (SCFM) infinite positioning and repositioning optional
- Control of Traffic
- Mine 1 hours fire rated door fabrication. (with 3/16″ steel plated skin on door panels) custom as required
- Extra wide opening, door swings out of traffic way when in open position up to (100 Deg.).
- On board PLC communicates and operates with surface if required.
- Surface Control for Blasting Operations.
- The patented balanced system ignores static air pressure and ramp slopes.
- From 0 to 14” W.C
- Economical low power draw. All components designed for absolute minimal/no maintenance and upkeep.
- Door systems are quick and easy to install.
- Push buttons, pull cords, cap lamp sensors, remote control motion sensors and manual operation.
- Custom programming.
- Heights: from 5 feet to 16 feet
- Widths: from 7 feet to 16 feet
- Custom sizes available
- 8″ Steel Channel 44W (300W)
- 15mm rebar hoops (welded to mainframe for shotcrete installation)
- 2″ x 3″ HSS tubing 50W (350W)
- 3/16″ steel plate skin 44W (300W) Fire Rated 1 hour
- Extra Heavy Duty Hinges
- Greaseless (maintenance free) Grease at install and don’t regrease again
- Extra Heavy Duty Balance Plates
- (drive mechanisms)
- Electro-Hydraulic Actuator
- 115V.A.C., 20 Amp, single phase c/w Hydraulic
- Power Pack (develops 3,680 lbs. of thrust).
- NEMA 4X enclosure
- All controls CSA approved buttons
- Warning horns (regulation)
- Flashing lights (regulation)
- Redundant Trip sensors (regulation) pressure and static
- Safety Zone (optional)
- Safety Yellow (2 part epoxy system)
- Primer: Zinc Rich Primer
- Preparation: Commercial Sand Blast
“The Door Built with Safety in Mind ”
Along with all of the control and versatility of the Zacon Balanced Ventilation Doors comes the industry standard in safety.
Safety of personnel is of course everyone’s top priority. The Zacon Balanced Ventilation Door encompasses numerous safety features to address this.
- High visibility Safety Yellow paint – 2 part Epoxy
- Reflective tape striping
- Warning alarms flashing lights & horns when door is about to move and while in motion. (necessary to meet the Mining Act) in Canada.
- Safety trip; release shuts down door movement if personnel, machinery, or objects are in full path of doorway
- Manual override – doors can be opened manually, even in a power failure.
Manual Door System:
A manual door has many benefits being the key component to the entire Zacon system. What makes this Mine Ventilation Door advanced from the rest, is the Patented Balancing System. This unique design can be manually opened even under high static pressures, eliminating all mechanical controls and built in personnel doors.
Have full control over the Zacon Balanced Ventilation Door with a pre-programmed or custom programmed controlled panel. From operating a single door to an Air Lock system. These control panels can be adapted to what you require:
- Standard open/close.
- Surface controlled opening/closing.
- Percentage positioning for control of SCFM (keep door position at #% open). Optional.
- Motion control.
- Pull Cord Switch / Cap Lamp Sensor for Door Operation / Hand held/ equipment mounted remote
- Custom Controls to meet your needs.
- Retro fit your old Door with Zacon Controls.
- Install Zacon Balanced Ventilation Door in existing Door Frames.
All Balanced Ventilation Door Systems, as well as Retro-Fit Systems come complete with General Arrangement, Installation and Wiring drawings. These drawings are printable versions. And are made to you in 11″ x 17″.
Also included with the Door System is a complete manual. This complete manual is specific to the actual designed Door System or Retro-Fit package. The manual includes an installation, operations, and maintenance section; along with a parts list and the PLC Programming. A hard copy and printable version on USB Key.