Balanced Personnel Doors – BPD
How it Works
The Zacon Balanced Personnel Door uses the same patented “Balanced System” as the larger Balanced Ventilation Doors. Dividing the door into two halves, with each section swinging in opposite directions, ignores the static air pressures and ramp slopes.
The force on one section opening into the air pressure and flow is cancelled by the opposite section going with the air flow. The net result is a personnel door that can be opened into extremely high pressures with relative ease.
The self-closing operator (standard on every door) keeps the door closed at all times, when not in use. This added feature is adjustable to your requirements.
To help eliminate pinch areas, again, keeping safety in mind; the Zacon Balanced Personnel Door is accessible with a stretcher. Standard door clearance is 3 (three) feet wide x 7 (seven) feet high open to ground level to prevent tripping and hazards. Custom sizes available request. No more squeezing.
- The patented balanced system ignores static air pressure and ramp slopes.
- From 0 to 9” W.C
- Economical low power draw. All components designed for absolute minimal/no maintenance and upkeep.
- Door systems are quick and easy to install.
- Push buttons, pull cords, cap lamp sensors, remote control (in motion), motion sensors and manual operation.
- Custom programming.
- Heights: 7 feet (Clear Opening)
- Widths: 3 feet (Clear Opening)
- Custom size upon request
- 6″ or 8″ Steel Channel 44W (300W)
- 15mm rebar hoops (welded to mainframe for shotcrete installation)
- 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ HSS tubing 50W (350W)
- 3/16″ steel plate skin 44W (300W)
- (Each panel is One Piece Construction with integrated handle)
- Full length heavy duty, bolted to both the door leafs & main frame.
- Greaseless (maintenance free) Stainless Steel Pin
- Heavy Duty Balance Plates (drive mechanisms)
- MSHA rated rubber skirting
- Safety Yellow (epoxy system)
- Primer: Zinc Rich Primer
- Preparation: Commercial Sand Blast
All Balanced Personnel Door Systems, as well as Retro-Fit Systems come complete with General Arrangement, Installation drawings. These drawings are printable versions available in 11″ x 17″ drawings.
Also included with the Door System is a complete manual. This complete manual is specific to the actual designed Door System or Retro-Fit package. The manual includes an installation, operations, and maintenance section. A hard copy and printable version on USB Key supplied.